Thursday, November 15, 2007

What Happened?

My health was in a bad shape for the past two weeks. I had everything right in a package which I believe is very common in hot and humid tropical countries like Malaysia and Singapore. Started with a simple sore throat and soon followed by fever and flu, I am still couping with that persistent cough.

I began to realise that somehow whenever I skipped my "trusted" green tea for a period of one to two weeks, my body immune system will start to go low and I will fall sick very easily. It has happened to me a couple of times before and I am pretty sure all these were more than just coincidence.

Anyway the good news is, I am almost fully recovered by now but the bad news is, my wife is starting to feel that all too familiar itch at her throat. I could have accidentally spread the virus to her so right now, extra doses of vitamin C are her only reliable defence.

For the record, I am thankful to the Malaysian Government for providing a very generous subsidy on health care to all the citizens. Every citizens are entitled to consult a medical doctor and get to bring home dozens of genuine medicines all for a mere 1 Ringgit Malaysia which is equivalent to about 0.30 USD. Excellent!

Besides that awful taste of the medicines, I have to survive strictly on comfort food so most of my daily meals were nothing more than just plain rice with one simple soup. So no fancy food for me and therefore no photo for the blog.

To all my visitors who frequented this blog, I would like to Thank You for visiting my blog and I hope that you would continue to check back on my blog regularly. We will be right back with more photos of great looking food as soon as we start to get busy in our kitchen again.

No comments: